Designed By Julie A. Bolduc
This lacy bell is fairly quick to make and would look great on your tree. you could also decorate a Christmas wreath with it. It has a jingle bell on the inside as the clapper.
Small amount white size 10 crochet cotton. Southmaid was used in the example
1 - 15mm gold tone jingle bell
5 oz paper cup
Size 7 steel crochet hook
Gauge: 10 sc = 1"
Finished Size: 3¾"h x 3¼"w
Skill Level: Beginner
RND 1: Ch6. Join w/slst to first ch to form ring. Ch4, counts as 1 dc and 1 ch. *Dc in ring. Ch1. Rep from * 10 times more. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch4. ( 12 dc around )
RND 2: Ch6 counts as 1 sc and ch5 lp. Dc in same st as slst. *Sc in next dc. Ch5. Dc in same st as last st. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to base of ch6.
RND 3: Slst in each of the next 3 chs of the first ch 5 lp. Ch5. dc in same ch5 sp. Ch1. *Dc, ch2, dc in next ch5 sp. Ch1. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch5.
RND 4: Ch6. Dc in next dc. Ch1. *Dc in next dc. Ch3, dc in next dc. Ch1. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch6.
RND 5: Slst into the first ch3 sp. Ch3, dc, ch4, 2dc in same ch3 sp. 2dc, ch4, 2dc in each ch3 sp around. Join w/slst to top of ch3.
RND 6: Slst in next dc. Slst in each of the next 2 chs of the next ch4 sp. Ch6. *Dc in next ch4 sp. Ch3. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch6.
RND 7: Ch6, dc in same st as slst. Ch1. *Dc, ch3, dc in next dc. Ch1. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch5.
RND 8: Slst into the first ch3 sp. Ch3, dc, ch4, 2dc in same ch3 sp. 2dc, ch4, 2dc in each ch3 sp around. Join w/slst to top of ch3.
RND 9: Rep rnd 6.
RND 10: Rep rnd 7.
RND 11: Rep rnd 8.
RND 12: Slst in next dc. Slst into the next ch4 sp. Ch6, dc, ch5, dc, ch3, dc in same ch3 sp. Dc, ch3, dc, ch5, dc, ch3, dc in each ch4 sp around. Join w/slst to 3rd ch of ch6. Fasten off and weave all ends into work.
1. Rip some plastic wrap off of the roll and roll up into a ball to fit the bottom of the paper cup. Round it over. This will form the top of the bell.
2. Rip more plastic wrap and cover the whole cup and the ball of plastic you just made. Tape into place on the inside of the cup.
3. Protect the flat surface you plan to place your bell on while it dries with more plastic wrap.
4. Dip bell into fabric stiffener. Blot out excess stiffener with a paper towel.
5. Place wet bell over covered cup. Place on flat surface to dry over night. Allow at least 18 hours to dry completely.
6. String jingle bell on a scrap of thread and tie to the inside top of the bell. Attach hanger to top of bell.
Design written on Monday, November 20, 2000. Copyright ©2000 By Julie A. Bolduc f103017
JPF Crochet Club where Crocheting is Just Plain Fun https://www.jpfun.com This pattern is for personal use only and not to be resold.